At Variety the Children's Charity of Manitoba ("Variety"), your privacy is very important to us. We are committed to respecting your personal
information as we comply with the Privacy Act (PIPEDA). Please see the list below with regard to our treatment of your personal information.
1. Variety never engages in selling, trading, or otherwise disclosing your personal information to any other agency or group.
2. Only the Variety's Finance Manager (who is also the Privacy Officer) has full access to donor history, the receipting function, and donor personal information. Personal information is considered confidential; therefore access to it is restricted.
3. Personal information is collected for several key reasons, some of which are listed here:
a. Issuance of tax receipts.
b. Variety's mandatory reporting to the CCRA (Canada Customs and Revenue Agency).
c. Possible future communication about Variety (e.g.: occasional mail campaigns related to fundraising efforts, or communication regarding specific interests of certain donors.)
4. While Variety is required by law to retain donor personal information for a period of seven years after the donation is made, donors can request to be removed from any list of contacts for possible future communication
by contacting Variety's Privacy Officer. (Please see below)
5. No financial information (e.g.: credit card number) is retained in our database.
6. Variety considers any receipt of personal information as permission from the donor to have his or her information stored in our database.
Variety the Children's Charity of Manitoba, has contributed towards a large number of very significant projects benefiting many Manitoba families. We exist solely to raise funds which assist Manitoba's disabled and disadvantaged children. Our funds are generated from the generous donations of individuals and groups. We would not be able to continue to offer the support we have to so many without your continued support. Thank you for your commitment to Variety and Variety's kids.
For more information please contact 204.982.1050 or download our RIGHT OF PRIVACY RELEASE.