Each summer Variety’s Camp Brereton provides the “gift of camp” to children in need.
Set in the pristine wilderness of Whiteshell Provincial Park, about two hours northeast of Winnipeg, Camp Brereton was originally founded and built by the United Church of Canada in 1937. In 2002, the camp was gifted to Variety because of our dedication to improving the lives of children of all abilities and was renamed Variety’s Camp Brereton.
Variety’s Camp Brereton strives to be the premier accessible wilderness camp for children of all abilities that promotes exploration and inclusion, creates lasting friendships, builds self-esteem, independence, leadership, and life skills and allows all campers to “just be kids” in a nurturing and encouraging environment.
- 8 camper cabins varying in size from 8-20 campers each, 3 staff cabins. All 8 camper cabins are accessible with ramps and handrails.
- A fully furnished Dining Hall and Kitchen with an attached deck.
- A modern air-conditioned Activities Lodge for all our camp groups to utilize.
- Fully accessible washroom facilities located off the dining hall and inside the main Activities Lodge.
- A fully potable water system that supplies all fixtures throughout the facility.
- A private beach where camp groups can go swimming.
- Equipment for water activities like boating, canoeing, kayaking – life jackets are provided as well as safety kits with whistles and flashlights.
- An outdoor sports court with equipment for many activities including basketball, badminton, floor hockey, tennis etc.
- A rock climbing wall within a cave for campers to practice their skills.
- An accessible playground.
We partner with other community organizations to help give deserving kids the chance to go to summer camp. If you are interested in learning more about our facilities and the gift of camp, follow the link below.
Please note that the camp will remain closed for the 2021 Summer/Fall season.
– Location: Block 7, Lot 9, Brereton Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park
– Call to Book: (204) 471-0488